The SEO checklist is a complete lifecycle that a website goes through. Many people make an idea that the SEO checkpoints are mostly non-technical, however, if the SEO Company goes deep into optimizing the website, they can well analyze the errors, to be technical. Here, we try to cover, in the best way imaginable, all the components that are significant for making the website, for the digital marketing agency, easy to understand, productive, noticeable in SERP, practical, and straightforward.
- Speed Time of the Website while loading: It is always said, the more your website loads, the more your visitor decreases. For web, an analysis says, the average speed of a site to get completely loaded is somewhat 19 to 20 seconds, and almost half of the visitors stop continuing in a website taking more than 5-6 secs on average.
A website loads faster only when the bounce and conversion rates are lower and higher respectively. Before optimizing, the user must keep a backup of the files and database, because working with servers, databases, PHP coding, minification can be challenging most of the time.
- Website code: There are two metrics, that work in page load distribution that clearly shows the percentage of content that needs improvement with average or slow speed and also the one that loads faster. The optimization indicators and the speed shows where the website is located. There are reasons and ways to improve the page loading speed, as:
- Improve the server response time by taking the HTML code to show the page from the server that sends a message about the time it takes to portrait the information.
- Without hampering the visual effect, the image size of the website can be reduced and optimized.
- The HTTP requests can be restricted.
- Initialization of browser cache policy.3. Website Usability and its Functionalities: Once the page loads faster, the next checklist of the SEO comes in improving the visibility in the search engines. Many marketers tend to make silly mistakes here as there are several aspects of this.
- Optimization of the website for mobile device compatibility is a must since most of the user worldwide are using mobile devices to browse than experiencing the web view.
- The URLs, should be made search engine friendly, making them descriptive and containing keywords.
- HTTPS should be used as the secured protocol for the website. Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure or HTTPS encrypts the data in order not to get modified during the transfer. It also secures from cyber-attacks and helps the website boost a ranking. It can be included under Direct traffic for Google Analytics.
- Most importantly, the preferred version should be chosen, eg: http://abcd.com, https://abcd.com, http://www.abcd.com, https://www.abcd.com.
- Make sure to crawl the data, which sends it to the indexer and helps to render the page for better ranking in SERP. Googlebot helps to crawl the resources.
- To show Google, the right and appropriate content, testing of the Robots.txt file is crucial.
- Verification of the indexed page from the search console.4. Optimization of the Content: After the general errors, like indexing and crawling errors, the content of the website should be optimized thoroughly. It contains broken images, broken pages, internal linking errors, and so on.
- The broken images, or links should be replaced. The 404 error or the page not found error should be redirected as early as noticed.
- Auditing the internal links for better and higher rankings.
- Remove the duplicate contents by reviewing the HTML from the search console.
- For rich search results, use the structured data for highlighting the content, which helps the users to choose the page directly they need.
- Sorting of the canonical error in the blog pages.5. User-Friendly Website: This is the final zone of the Search Engine Optimization checklist. It covers any minute error, starting from font, UI, or contrast. The other aspects of making a website user friendly are given below:
- To improve the UI of any website, the use of AMP or Accelerated Mobile Pages are highly recommended by Google.
- Using the breadcrumbs using HTML and CSS for better navigation of the pages.
- Testing on as many devices and OS platforms are always useful. This can be done in google chrome by clicking on the inspect element.
CONCLUSION: The complete SEO guide offers and points out ways on how to make a website error-free in the SEO aspect and helps the digital marketer in business growth in digital marketing agency.