Air pollution is skin-hazard. Overexposing your skin to dust and sun often leads to many skin problems, such as dryness, wrinkles, acne, blemishes, allergies and, in severe cases, cancer. Dirt remains clogged in the skin pores and, over time, leads to blackheads and acne. People often experiment with products to get rid of stubborn dust. Perhaps, most rely on the charcoal to this end.
Charcoal pulls out dirt and excessive oil from the skin pores. It’s a natural product with no side-effects whatsoever. No wonder, men and women across ages and cultures have relied on charcoal for cleansing and detoxifying the skin. Because of their ability to trap toxins and impurities, charcoal-based beauty products have witnessed a high demand lately. You have charcoal-based soaps, cleansers, body washes and, of course, peel-off masks.
Not only females but also males are relying on charcoal masks to steer clear of dust and related conditions. The charcoal mask for men not only helps to remove dirt and dead skin cells but also clears blackheads and prevents the early signs of acne and pimples. The charcoal peel-off mask made with natural ingredients offers many skin benefits, such as:
- Removes impurities: The mask pulls the dirt from the clogged pores making the skin soft, supple and clear.
- Cleanses skin: The mask absorbs pollutants from the skin pores and leaves behind a clean surface.
- Improves skin tone: The peel-off mask improves skin tone and gives an instant boost to the skin.
- Removes excessive oil: The mask removes excessive oil from the skin, retaining the natural oils of the skin. It is best for oily skin and ideal to use in summers, as the skin produces more oils in hot weather.
- Improves acne: Acne is caused when dead skin cells, dirt, oil and bacteria get trapped inside the skin pores. The peel-off mask prevents acne by cleaning the pores. Also, the mask with anti-bacterial properties prevents bacteria from growing on the skin surface.
- Treat insect bites: Insect bites and stings cause the skin to itch and swell. The charcoal face mask for men with anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties helps to neutralize the toxins and prevents it from growing and itching.
Charcoal peel-off masks available in the market have the necessary natural ingredients, which can make your skin free from dirt, impurities and excess oil. The common ingredients used are:
- Vitamin E:It is an antioxidant that protects the skin from pollution and harmful rays of the sun. It gets easily absorbed in the skin and helps to nourish and moisturize the skin. Apart from this, Vitamin-E is known to improve skin tone and brighten the skin. Vitamin E is also helpful to get rid of dark spots and blemishes.
- Kaolin clay:It detoxifies and cleanses the skin by absorbing the impurities and dirt trapped in the skin pores. Many people use Kaolin clay directly on their skin to get rid of acne and pimples. Apart from this, the clay is an excellent remedy for sensitive and dry skin.
- Dimethylethanolamine or DMAE:DMAE is an anti-ageing agent that helps reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. Apart from this, it prevents skin sagging, as it causes the muscles under the skin to contract and tighten.
- Hyaluronic acid:It is a gel-like molecule that cures dry-skin problems by moisturizing the skin cells. It reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Hyaluronic acid is naturally present in the skin, but exposure to pollution and heat decreases its amount in the skin. The ingredient used in the product gives your skin an extra boost and protects the skin from any damage.
- Methylsulfonylmethane or MSM:MSM helps to reduce skin pigmentation. It makes the skin soft and supple. It has anti-bacterial properties to keep acne at bay. It’s known for its anti-ageing properties and helps to reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
Some of the popular charcoal-based face masks available in the market are Moringa and Gooseberry Peel-Off Mask, Pore Refining Solutions Charcoal Masks, Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask, etc. While you can purchase charcoal-masks for men from the market, you can also make them at home with water, bentonite clay, charcoal powder and raw honey if you have time and persistence.