A heart transplant is one of the most complex treatment procedure. The doctors and surgeons try that they shall treat the patient without the heart transplant, if possible. The medical professionals opt for the heart transplant only if the patient is suffering from irreversible heart disorder. One can receive the Successful Heart Transplant in India, as the doctors here monitor the body of the patient and then begin with the treatment procedure.
Also, in certain conditions, the medical condition of the patient cannot withstand heart transplant, and it can be a risk to their life. So, the doctors do not proceed with the operation but opt for the alternative procedures of treating the cardiac issues.
Here is a good read in the post that indicates the eligibility criteria of a patient to undergo a heart transplant surgery.
Eligible Candidate For Heart Transplantation:
The surgeons in India proceed with Heart transplant on patients showing the below-mentioned traits in the evaluation procedure.
- The patient shall have the life expectancy of less than one year if he or she does not undergo the heart transplant.
- If the functioning of the heart is reduced to 70 % of its original functionality
- The patient is suffering from physical or mental incapacity due to heart disorder.
- A heart transplant is a procedure for the patients who have undergone various therapies and surgeries but have not received any improvement in their condition.
- The body of the patient can survive the heart transplant and can live for approximately five to eight years.
- If the patient suffers from any of the following medical condition:
- Coronary artery Disorder with inoperable conditions
- The weakening of the heart muscle
- Severe congenital heart issue that cannot be healed without the operation
- Life-threatening heart diseases
The patient shall not suffer any other organ disorder; it will make the heart transplant procedure more difficult and complicated. Apart from the significant criteria discussed above the patient shall not be obese, and diabetic. The doctors do not proceed with a heart transplant on patients overweight patients with high sugar levels, as it can be a risk to life.
Heart Transplant Surgery in India is successful because the medical professional perform the diagnosis procedure very carefully on the patients. They leave no stone unturned to serve the patients with satisfactory results. The doctors not only consult the patient, but also the family of the patient. After the discharge, the family of the patient has to seek responsibility for the necessary care of the patient.
For all the candidates who are eligible for the heart transplant, the doctors explain complete procedure. After the surgery also, the medical team provide recovery care to the patient. At that time, the family of the patient is given the necessary training. If the attention along with the medicine is not provided to the patient after the surgery, it can lead to severe complications, and even prove to be fatal.