Today, there are numerous investment options in the Indian financial market for an investor to put their money in. But for NRIs, the options are limited. Still, if you are an NRI looking to invest in India, the sea of “lucrative” offers made by investment agents might drown you with confusion. Be it to take care of your family in India or to simply grow your wealth, choosing an investment option that is safe and gives high returns is essential.
The NRI Fixed Deposit offered by Bajaj Finance is a product that fulfills both these criteria quite brilliantly. Let’s look at the benefits of NRI FDs from Bajaj Finance:
- High-interest rate: While most banks give 6% to 7% interest on fixed deposit, Bajaj Finance FD offers up to 8.60% interest if you are a new customer, and up to 8.85% if you are an existing customer. Senior citizens can receive an additional 0.35% interest over and above the regular rate on their FD NRI account.
- Flexibility to meet your short-term and long-term goals: With Bajaj Finance FD, you can choose to go for either a cumulative or non-cumulative fixed deposit. If you do not expect your FD to take care of any immediate or daily expenses, you should go for Cumulative FD. It gives the payout on the date of maturity and till then lets your money compound, so you have a large corpus at the end. Non-cumulative FD is a great way to meet daily expenses. It also gives the option to choose the period of interest payouts – monthly, quarterly, half-yearly or annually. Cumulative FD gives higher interest than Non-cumulative FD. You can also choose the tenor of your investment, anywhere between 12 months and 36 months.
- Multi-deposits: With a single cheque, you can invest in multiple NRI fixed deposits. You can “ladder” your deposits; meaning you can split your principal amount and fix a distinct maturity date of each type of deposit. This is a great way to save tax on the interest earned and eventually get the most out of your investments.
- Convenience: Bajaj Finance Fixed Deposit(FD)facilitates easy opening and renewal of your NRI account. Instead of going through the hassles of re-investment, you can choose the “auto-renewal” option while investing. It is also easy to open your account – you can just “request a call” by filling in some details on the NRI Fixed Deposits page.
- High credibility: Bajaj Finance FD is awarded ICRA’s MAAA/Stable and CRISIL’S FAAA/Stable rating, the highest safety ratings in the industry. These reinforce the fact that it will give you guaranteed returns as it is not affected by stock market fluctuations and interest rate movements. You can grow your savings without any risk or loss of investment.
Before opening your NRI account with Bajaj Finance FD, an online Fixed Deposit Calculator can assist you in finding out exactly how much interest rate and return on investment you will earn. Just put in the principal amount, the tenor of investment and the type of customer you are (new, existing, etc.) and toggle the details to find out what you need.